Jimmy Kimmel Celebrates His 2,000th Episode By Not Gifting His Audience (Video)
Unlike Oprah Winfrey, the "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" host didn't have any flashy treats for his audience during his landmark show.
Jimmy Kimmel celebrated his 2,000th episode on Monday, but unlike on some talk shows, his audience didn't get treated with diamonds, a vacation or a new car.
In his opening monologue, Kimmel quipped: "You know, if this was Oprah’s 2,000th show, you guys here in the studio audience would probably walk away with some cool stuff. But it's not Oprah, it’s me, so you won’t," he said bluntly.
The Jimmy Kimmel Live! host went on to say, "It is a milestone," claiming he only remembered "eight of them."
To commemorate the show, which first aired in 2003, Kimmel compiled the most used words in his monologues over the years, which came up as: "America, President, Love, Best, Obama...Justin, Baby, Beiber."
Also on hand to ring in the landmark episode was Non-Stop star Liam Neeson, who threatened an audience member on command. "Could you scare the crap out of me? It would be an honor, I really appreciate it, sir," asked 'Matthew' before the towering Irishman let loose his wrath on him.
Earlier on Monday, Kimmel made his own huge announcement when he told Ellen DeGeneres (in an interview that airs Wednesday) that he and wife, Molly McNearney, are expecting their first baby together.
The couple were married in July 2013. Kimmel has a 20-year-old son and a 22-year-old-daughter from his previous marriage.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack