U.K. Sales Banner Jinga Films Steps Into British Distribution Ring With Chris Browne's 'Ghett'a Life'
The Jamaican boxing thriller is expected to roll out on a limited release Dec. 2.
LONDON – U.K. sales banner Jinga Films is stepping into the British distribution ring, striking a deal to distributor Chris Browne’s Jamaican boxing thriller Ghett’a Life.
Browne’s movie has true heavyweight backing from former super heavy weight champion boxer Lennox Lewis, who is an associate producer.
Jinga said it plans to roll the movie out on a limited release of 12 U.K. screens from December 2 this year.
It details the story of an aspiring teenage boxer, who joins a gym in a rival community to train for the Olympics, but it's election year and he soon finds himself confronted by a feared local crime lord.
Despite the violence that ensues, Derrick refuses to give up on his dream until the ignorance of divisiveness give way to the triumph of unity.
“The film gives a fascinating insight into the relationship between politics and crime in Jamaica and has an inspiring against-the-odds story with a positive feel good ending,” said Jinga’s Rosana Coutinho.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)