J.J. Abrams casts 'Super 8'
Kyle Chandler, Elle Fanning to star in mysterious new film
Kyle Chandler and Elle Fanning are taking the leads in J.J. Abrams' mysterious new film "Super 8," which began shooting in West Virginia on Monday, Paramount announced.
Ron Eldard, Noah Emmerich, Gabriel Basso, Joel Courtney, Riley Griffiths, Ryan Lee and Zach Mills round out the main cast. Abrams wrote the screenplay, about which very little is known, and he is producing along with his Bad Robot partner Bryan Burk and Steven Spielberg.
Amblin Entertainment is producing with Bad Robot. Paramount plans a summer 2011 release.
Repped by Gersh and Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Chandler has starred on NBC's "Friday Night Lights" for four seasons. On the film side, he has recently appeared in "King Kong," "The Kingdom" and "The Day the Earth Stood Still."
Fanning, who is repped by the Osbrink Talent Agency and One Talent Management, stars in "Somewhere," Sofia Coppola's new film that just won the 2010 Venice Film Festival's Golden Lion Award. She has also appeared in "Babel," "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" and "Phoebe in Wonderland."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR