Joan Cusack joins Showtime's 'Shameless'
Will play agoraphobic housewife on drama debuting in Jan.
NEW YORK -- Joan Cusack has joined the cast of the new Showtime one-hour drama series "Shameless."
She will appear in all 12 episodes of the show and play Sheila, described as "an agoraphobic Chicago housewife with a sexually active teenage daughter" who strikes up a special friendship with William H. Macy's character, Frank Gallagher.
Allison Janney had played the role in the series' pilot.
Production on the first season begins in mid-September with the premiere set for Sunday, Jan. 9 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR