Joan Rivers Tells the Anti-Defamation League to 'Shut the F--- Up' After Nazi Comment
The watchdog organization took aim at the “Fashion Police” host for drawing comparisons between Costco and the Holocaust.
Joan Rivers still hates everything, including the Anti-Defamation League.
The watchdog organization took issue with the outspoken comedienne after she compared Costco to Nazi Germany for refusing to sell her book (I Hate Everything… Starting With Me!) due to foul language. Rivers staged a protest at the discount warehouse’s Burbank location on Tuesday, handcuffing herself to a shopping cart and using a bullhorn to express her discontent.
“It’s about First Amendment rights,” Rivers told KTLA. “This is the beginning of Nazi Germany.”
The ADL fired back, with officials stating, “Such comparisons only serve to trivialize the Holocaust and are deeply offensive to Jews and other survivors.”
Rivers’ response: “Shut the f--- up,” via TMZ.
Rivers, whom TMZ notes is Jewish, told the gossip site, "My husband lost his entire family in the Holocaust," adding, "My comment reminds people of the Holocaust because half the people now don't even believe it ever happened."
“Germany is where banning books started, and it can start here just as quickly," she said.
She also noted, “I’m educated. I know how to spell Nazi.”
I Hate Everyone is the 79-year-old’s 11th book following 2009’s fictional Murder at the Academy Awards: A Red Carpet Murder Mystery. Since 1974, Rivers has penned several self-help, autobiographical and humorous books. She can also currently be seen hosting E!’s Fashion Police Fridays at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack