JoAnn Alfano to Head Television at Brillstein Entertainment
She replaces Peter Traugott, who was in the position for five years and left to form his own production company.
JoAnn Alfano has been tapped to lead Brillstein Entertainment Partners television division.
The announcement comes on the heels of a two-year renewal of Brillstein’s overall deal with ABC Studios. Alfano, who was previously executive vp at Lifetime Networks, replaces Peter Traugott, who was in the post for five years and left to form his own production company.
In making the announcement Brillstein CEO Jon Liebman said: “JoAnn has impressed all of us with her experience and drive and we are very fortunate that she will be leading the television company.”
Brillstein has had a television and distribution deal with ABC Studios since 2005 producing the long-running According to Jim and Samantha Who? This season, ABC passed on Brillstein sitcom pilots My Freakin’ Family and Other People’s Kids. But Ringer, starring Sarah Michelle Gellar (who is also a Brillstein client), which was developed at CBS, landed a series order from the CW.
“I have long admired this company and am honored to work with the remarkable talent at Brillstein Entertainment Partners as well as ABC Studios,” Alfano said. “I look forward to doing what I love most in this business: working with writers and talent to create memorable television shows.”
At Lifetime, Alfano launched dramedy Drop Dead Diva and also oversaw the net’s top-rated Army Wives.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR