Joaquin Phoenix impostor at TIFF?
Culprit tries to crash red carpets reports film's PR team
TORONTO - A hoax within a hoax?
A Joaquin Phoenix impostor is apparently on the loose at the Toronto International Film Festival, making red carpet appearances.
As Casey Affleck, producer/director on the offbeat documentary "I'm Still Here" builds buzz in Toronto for his directorial debut, his PR team has raised the alarm on an apparent charlatan who arrives by limousine at festival venues, and is accompanied by "a massive entourage of security and scantily clad female groupies."
The blogosphere hasn't yet lit up with confirming sightings of the faux Joaquin Pheonix, but Affleck is concerned enough about his fans being "tricked and disillusioned by the fraud" that he's set to address the media Friday night outside the Varsity Theatre, just before "I'm Still Here" debuts in Toronto.
Affleck may well deflect the same questions he faced in Venice: is this all an elaborate hoax on the media and public?
"I'm Still Here" portrays the transition of Joaquin Phoenix from actor to aspiring rapper.
Affleck is married to former actress Summer Phoenix, Joaquin's sister
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'True Detective' Deleted Scene: Rust and Lori Break Up
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Crushes Things In A Giant Tank For A Good Cause
- 'Of Many' Film Produced By Chelsea Clinton To Premier At Tribeca Film Festival, Featuring Muslim-Jewish Relations
- The 'High School Musical' Song Ranking You've Been Waiting For