Oscar-Winner Jochen Alexander Freydank to Shoot 'Macho Man' In Feature Debut
Disney Germany will release the local-language comedy in 2013.
COLOGNE, Germany - Jochen Alexander Freydank, winner of the best short film Oscar in 2009 for Toyland, will have his feature film debut adapting rom-com best-seller Macho Man for Walt Disney Germany.
Freydank will direct the big-screen version of the novel by Moritz Netenjakob, in which a sensitive German guy tries to learn to be macho to land a sexy Turkish girl.
Friedrich Mucke (Friendship!) stars alongside TV actress Pegah Ferydoni (Turkish For Beginners). Marc Conrad will produce through his ConradFilm shingle together with Klaus Dohle of Erfttalfilm.
Shooting is set for late Spring, early Summer 2012. Disney will bow the film in Germany in 2013.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR