Jodie Foster to Direct Financial Drama 'Money Monster'
The filmmaker-actress is set to start shooting in early 2013.
Jodie Foster is attached to direct financial drama Money Monster for IM Global and Daniel Dubiecki's The Allegiance Theater.
Foster's most recent directing effort was The Beaver, in which she starred opposite Mel Gibson. Foster also directed Home for the Holidays and Little Man Tate.
Money Monster follows Lee Gates, a television personality whose insider-trading tips make him the guru of Wall Street. That is, until he's held hostage on air by a man who has lost all of his family's money because of a bad tip. Ratings soar as the entire country tunes in to find out just how much a man's life is worth.
Foster, who is repped by UTA and attorney Matt Saver, soon will begin casting and is set to start shooting in early 2013.
Dubiecki's producing credits include Up in the Air, Juno and Thank You for Smoking.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR