Why Joe Jonas Just Might Be Latino (Video)
The pop star's ring tone, phone conversations and food choices reveal a secret facet of the singer's life in a new comedy short.
Joe Jonas listens to banda, salts his oranges and likes rice and beans -- could he secretly be Latino?
That's the hypothesis presented by Mun2 in a recent comedic short, which opens with a camera crew following the pop star down a hallway. An interviewer asks, "Tell me about your fans, how do you think they perceive you?"
Jonas replies, "It's interesting, it seems like a lot of fans think I'm Latino for some reason. It's confusing, I really don't understand it."
The faux doc then cuts to Jonas answering his cell phone that has a ring tone with an instrumental banda beat. He proceeds to rattle off a litany of Spanish-language slang and phrases to the person on the other end of the line.
When Jonas steps on an elevator, his headphones reveal more Latin music.
Another phone conversation finds Jonas speaking only in Spanish, telling his friend to calm down ("tranquilo"). He then orders a lunch of arroz con pollo con frijoles negra (rice with chicken, black beans), dos albondigas (two meatballs) and tres chuletas (pork chops).
The scene conclude with him salting an orange, a flavoring most common in Latino households.
Comedian Mike Diaz, aka Juan Bago, supplies Jonas' Spanish-speaking voice in the skit.
Jonas wrapped a solo tour in support of his Fast Life album in Oct.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama