Joe Matukewicz Joining Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions as Senior VP of Acquisitions
Exec previously served as SVP and head of worldwide acquisitions for Relativity Media.
Joe Matukewicz has joined Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions as senior vp of acquisitions, SPWA president Steven Bersch, to whom he will report, announced Monday.
Matukewicz, who held a similar post at Relativity Media, will oversee all acquisitions for the division, which provides content for all of Sony Pictures Entertainment’s distribution channels, including theatrical, home entertainment, television and digital.
Prior to his stint at Relativity, Matukewicz was vp of acquisitions and co-productions for Paramount Vantage and director of acquisitions and co-productions for Paramount Classics.
“We are thrilled to have Joe join us in this key role. His experience and taste will be vital as we continue to increasingly ramp up our acquisitions activities, and work to bring more great product into Sony,” Bersch said.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!