Joe Matukewicz Joining Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions as Senior VP of Acquisitions
Exec previously served as SVP and head of worldwide acquisitions for Relativity Media.
Joe Matukewicz has joined Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions as senior vp of acquisitions, SPWA president Steven Bersch, to whom he will report, announced Monday.
Matukewicz, who held a similar post at Relativity Media, will oversee all acquisitions for the division, which provides content for all of Sony Pictures Entertainment’s distribution channels, including theatrical, home entertainment, television and digital.
Prior to his stint at Relativity, Matukewicz was vp of acquisitions and co-productions for Paramount Vantage and director of acquisitions and co-productions for Paramount Classics.
“We are thrilled to have Joe join us in this key role. His experience and taste will be vital as we continue to increasingly ramp up our acquisitions activities, and work to bring more great product into Sony,” Bersch said.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'True Detective' Deleted Scene: Rust and Lori Break Up
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Crushes Things In A Giant Tank For A Good Cause
- 'Of Many' Film Produced By Chelsea Clinton To Premier At Tribeca Film Festival, Featuring Muslim-Jewish Relations
- The 'High School Musical' Song Ranking You've Been Waiting For