Joe Matukewicz Named Relativity Media's Senior VP of Acquisitions
Joe Matukewicz has boarded Relativity Media as senior vice president of acquisitions. His first official assignment: The Sundance Film Festival, which gets underway Thursday.
Relativity is ramping up its acquisitions business after launching a domestic distribution arm.
Matukewicz will report directly to Relativity president of worldwide production Tucker Tooley and president of worldwide marketing and distribution Peter Adee.
Matukewicz was previously at Paramount, where he was vice president of acquisitions and co-productions for Paramount Vantage and Paramount Worldwide Acquisitions Group.
"Joe brings great commercial and critical instincts along with a breadth of experience to our team. His background in acquiring films of various genres makes him a terrific asset to Relativity," Tooley said.
Behind the scenes, Matukewicz has already been busy. The first movie he acquired for Relativity Media is David R. Ellis' Untitled 3D Shark Thriller from Nick Meyer's Sierra Pictures.
"At this time, the acquisitions business has become more entrepreneurial than ever and Relativity is uniquely poised to aggressively acquire films at any stage: from packaging to finished films," Matukewicz said.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR