'Warrior' Star Joel Edgerton Sells Script 'One Night Stand' to Regency (Exclusive)
A drama with comedic elements, the script is described as an honest look at a man and a woman in the aftermath of a one-night stand.
Joel Edgerton, one of the brightest up-and-coming actors in star-starved Hollywood, has branched into screenwriting, selling a spec script titled One Night Stand to New Regency.
A drama with comedic elements, the script is described as an honest look at a man and a woman in the aftermath of a one night stand.
The deal, which also sees Edgerton exec producing, occurred late last year. He is not attached to star.
Regency, now with Brad Weston as CEO and Carla Hacken as production president, is said to be high on the script and will start meeting with directors in the coming weeks.
Australian-born Edgerton last year starred in Universal’s The Thing as well as Lionsgate’s mixed martial arts drama Warrior, and was on the casting lists for many of the town’s hottest projects. This year he toplines with Jennifer Garner the Disney movie The Odd Life of Timothy Green and has one of the key roles in Baz Lurhmann’s adaptation of The Great Gatsby.
He is repped by CAA, Australia’s Shanahan Management, and Hirch Wallerstein.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'