Joel McHale joins Anna Faris comedy
Joel McHale has booked his first movie since his turn leading the ensemble cast of NBC's "Community."
The actor is in final negotiations to play a key role in the New Regency's comedy "What's Your Number?" Mark Mylod is directing the Anna Faris starrer, being produced by Beau Flynn and Tripp Vinson of Contrafilm.
"Number" centers on a woman (Faris) who treks through her sexual past to find Mr. Right, exploring the idea of sexual quotas and whether such numbers matter. Jennifer Crittenden and Gabrielle Allan wrote the script based on Karyn Bosnak's book.
McHale is playing Faris' mildly charming boss, whom she accidentally sleeps with, causing her to begin a wild goose chase to find the one that got away.
The movie, whose cast also includes Chris Evans, Zachary Quinto and Matt Bomer, shoots at month's end.
McHale's deal for "Number" comes on the heels of his joining the cast of the Fox 2000 comedy "The Big Year," starring Owen Wilson, Jack Black and Steve Martin. McHale plays Martin's boss in the David Frankel-directed movie.
McHale appeared last year opposite Matt Damon in "The Informant!" -- a movie he did prior to "Community," which has been picked up for a second season by NBC. The actor, repped by Gersh and Sonesta Entertainment, continues to host veteran E! show "The Soup," on which he is a producer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack