'Real World: Hollywood' Star Joey Kovar Found Dead at 29
The reality star had famously battled addictions while filming, leaving the show at one point to enter rehab.
Real World: Hollywood star Joey Kovar has died at 29 years old, MTV confirms.
The former reality star and aspiring actor was found dead at a friend's house in his native Chicago on Friday, Aug. 17. According to a report from TMZ, the death is believed to be drug related.
"MTV is deeply saddened to learn that Joey Kovar of 'The Real World: Hollywood' has passed away," the network said. "We offer our sympathies to Joey's loved ones, family and friends."
Kovar publicly battled addictions during his time on the reality program in 2008. At one point, he exited the house to enter rehab and while he did return to filming, he ultimately left the show to avoid a potential relapse. He went on to appear on Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew in 2009, but relapsed shortly after with ecstasy and cocaine.
Kovar's family, speaking with the Chicago Tribune, said that they are in shock.
"Everything was going very well," said David Kovar, Joey's brother. "The very, very last thing that our family is suspecting is drugs."
An autopsy for Kovar is expected to take place on Saturday. Police said that no foul play was suspected.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR