'John Carter of Mars,' 'Frankenweenie' Release Dates Changed
Readjusting next year's release schedule, the Walt Disney Co. has moved up 3D pic John Carter of Mars to March 9, 2012 and pushed back Tim Burton's 3D stop-motion feature Frankenweenie from that date to Oct. 5, 2012.
John Carter had been scheduled to open June 8, 2012. Directed by Andrew Stanton, the sci-fi action-adventure is based on Edgar Rice Burroughs' Barsoom series, about a Civil War veteran who wakes up to find himself on the planet Mars. In its new slot, it goes up against 20th Century Fox's Prometheus, from director Ridley Scott. Disney made its move only a week after Fox announced and dated Scott's film.
Frankenweenie is based on Burton's 1984 short of the same name. The short was live-action, however, while the upcoming film will employ stop-motion animation.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR