John Fugelsang Gets a Soft Launch on Current TV With Weekly Series
The comedian and commentator's "So That Happened," debuting Friday, Oct. 5, will serve as a precursor to the nightly arriving later in the year.
Current TV acquisition John Fugelsang makes his formal debut on the network later this week -- though not with the nightly outing he's been developing since August.
The network announced Monday that John Fugelsang: So That Happened debuts on the schedule Friday, Oct. 5, at 6 and 9 p.m. A new weekly look at news and pop culture, Current describes the hour-long series as a "precursor" to Fugelsang's nightly outing that will premiere later this year.
"First I would like to thank Joy Behar, whom I admire enormously, for occasionally letting me sit in her chair," the frequent Current TV substitute said in the announcement of his new show. "Viewers have come to expect the unexpected from her show and we believe that So That Happened will have the same kind of tone and irreverence while discussing what I believe to be some very serious and substantive topics."
Mystery Science Theater 3000 alum Frank Conniff will serve as head writer and frequent contributor to So That Happened.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead