John Fugelsang Gets a Soft Launch on Current TV With Weekly Series
The comedian and commentator's "So That Happened," debuting Friday, Oct. 5, will serve as a precursor to the nightly arriving later in the year.
Current TV acquisition John Fugelsang makes his formal debut on the network later this week -- though not with the nightly outing he's been developing since August.
The network announced Monday that John Fugelsang: So That Happened debuts on the schedule Friday, Oct. 5, at 6 and 9 p.m. A new weekly look at news and pop culture, Current describes the hour-long series as a "precursor" to Fugelsang's nightly outing that will premiere later this year.
"First I would like to thank Joy Behar, whom I admire enormously, for occasionally letting me sit in her chair," the frequent Current TV substitute said in the announcement of his new show. "Viewers have come to expect the unexpected from her show and we believe that So That Happened will have the same kind of tone and irreverence while discussing what I believe to be some very serious and substantive topics."
Mystery Science Theater 3000 alum Frank Conniff will serve as head writer and frequent contributor to So That Happened.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack