John Hogan Promoted to Chairman and CEO of Clear Channel Media and Entertainment
He has led the company’s expansion beyond the core broadcast radio business.
NEW YORK - John Hogan has been promoted to chairman and CEO of Clear Channel Media and Entertainment, effective immediately, the radio giant's parent company said Friday.
Hogan, who had served as president and CEO of Clear Channel Radio since 2002 after joining the company in 1999, has led the company’s expansion beyond the core broadcast radio business.
Clear Channel Radio was recently rebranded as Clear Channel Media and Entertainment to highlight that the company offers not only broadcast radio, but also online, HD and mobile options. It also recently said it wants to branch out into the TV and live entertainment businesses.
“Under John’s strong leadership and vision, Clear Channel Media and Entertainment has integrated the company’s assets so that it is today the leading media and entertainment company in the U.S. with a greater reach than any other radio or television outlet,” said CC Media CEO Bob Pittman. “He has built a deep creative and management team that is fulfilling the company’s commitment to offering the best entertainment, news, sports, and other experiences everywhere our listeners want us to be - on air, online, on mobile devices, and on a wide variety of emerging devices and platforms."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR