John Ingle Memorial Service Set for Saturday
Beverly Hills High School will host a tribute to the "General Hospital" star, who taught acting to such students as Richard Dreyfuss, Joely Fisher and Nicholas Cage.
A memorial service for high school drama teacher and General Hospital actor John Ingle will take place from 1-3 p.m. Saturday in the Kenneth L. Peters Auditorium at Beverly Hills High School.
Ingle, who died Sept. 16 in Los Angeles, taught drama at the school before moving into acting while in his 50s. He played Edward Quartermaine for two decades on ABC’s General Hospital and appeared on other series including Days of Our Lives, The Drew Carey Show and The Office and in such films as Heathers (1988) and Batman & Robin (1997). He was 84.
Ingle began teaching acting at Hollywood High School in the mid-1950s, then worked at Beverly Hills High into the 1980s.
His students included Richard Dreyfuss, Joely Fisher, Swoosie Kurtz, David Schwimmer, Lenny Kravitz, Julie Kavner, David Schwimmer, Nicholas Cage, Laraine Newman and Jonathan Prince.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR