John Ingle Memorial Service Set for Saturday
Beverly Hills High School will host a tribute to the "General Hospital" star, who taught acting to such students as Richard Dreyfuss, Joely Fisher and Nicholas Cage.
A memorial service for high school drama teacher and General Hospital actor John Ingle will take place from 1-3 p.m. Saturday in the Kenneth L. Peters Auditorium at Beverly Hills High School.
Ingle, who died Sept. 16 in Los Angeles, taught drama at the school before moving into acting while in his 50s. He played Edward Quartermaine for two decades on ABC’s General Hospital and appeared on other series including Days of Our Lives, The Drew Carey Show and The Office and in such films as Heathers (1988) and Batman & Robin (1997). He was 84.
Ingle began teaching acting at Hollywood High School in the mid-1950s, then worked at Beverly Hills High into the 1980s.
His students included Richard Dreyfuss, Joely Fisher, Swoosie Kurtz, David Schwimmer, Lenny Kravitz, Julie Kavner, David Schwimmer, Nicholas Cage, Laraine Newman and Jonathan Prince.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress