John Kerry Wishes 'Argo' Luck at the Oscars
The newly appointed Secretary of State sent a message of support of the film on Twitter.
Director Ben Affleck's thriller Argo recently has been criticized by a former Canadian ambassador who states that the country wasn't credited enough for its role in freeing the six diplomats during the Iran hostage crisis.
The film does, however, appear to have the State Department -- and newly appointed Secretary of State John Kerry -- in its corner on Academy Awards weekend. A post on Twitter signed by Kerry wishes the Oscar contender luck during the ceremony:
— Department of State (@StateDept) February 23, 2013
The State Department subsequently tweeted an image of the lobby where Argo had filmed. The movie is nominated in seven categories at the Oscars, including best picture.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR