John Krasinski joining 'Something Borrowed'
Actor to co-star with Ginnifer Goodwin in film and its sequel
John Krasinski is in negotiations to join Ginnifer Goodwin in Alcon's romantic comedy "Something Borrowed."
The script centers on a Manhattan attorney (Goodwin), the consummate good girl, who falls in love with her best friend's fiance on her 30th birthday.
The project is based on a series of novels by Emily Giffin. Alcon also picked up rights to the second book, "Something Blue," with a plan to develop a sequel.
Krasinski's deal is rare in that it is a two-picture deal for a role -- he will play Goodwin's friend and confidant -- more supporting in nature in the first movie but which evolves into the male lead in the second one.
Luke Greenfield is directing the first pic, now eyeing a spring start.
Alcon heads Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson are producing with 2S principals Hilary Swank and Molly Smith. Aaron Lubin and Pamela Schein Murphy of Wild Ocean Films also are producing.
The CAA-repped Krasinski, best known for his work on NBC's "The Office," is slowly building a career in features through key roles. He gained favorable notices for his performance opposite Meryl Streep in "It's Complicated" and recently tested for the lead in "Captain America."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder Is Definitely the Hottest Paper Boy at LAX Airport!
- Katie Couric Flexes Her Muscles & She's Buffer Than You'd Imagine!
- Ariana Grande to Debut New Single 'Problem' at Radio Disney Music Awards! (Exclusive)
- Jason Derulo Rips Off His Shirt After Jordin Sparks Joins Him for Passionate Duet 'Vertigo'! (Video)