John Krasinski joining 'Something Borrowed'
Actor to co-star with Ginnifer Goodwin in film and its sequel
John Krasinski is in negotiations to join Ginnifer Goodwin in Alcon's romantic comedy "Something Borrowed."
The script centers on a Manhattan attorney (Goodwin), the consummate good girl, who falls in love with her best friend's fiance on her 30th birthday.
The project is based on a series of novels by Emily Giffin. Alcon also picked up rights to the second book, "Something Blue," with a plan to develop a sequel.
Krasinski's deal is rare in that it is a two-picture deal for a role -- he will play Goodwin's friend and confidant -- more supporting in nature in the first movie but which evolves into the male lead in the second one.
Luke Greenfield is directing the first pic, now eyeing a spring start.
Alcon heads Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson are producing with 2S principals Hilary Swank and Molly Smith. Aaron Lubin and Pamela Schein Murphy of Wild Ocean Films also are producing.
The CAA-repped Krasinski, best known for his work on NBC's "The Office," is slowly building a career in features through key roles. He gained favorable notices for his performance opposite Meryl Streep in "It's Complicated" and recently tested for the lead in "Captain America."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)