John Malone's Liberty Media Buys More Sirius XM Stock
The company has raised its stake in the satellite radio company to 46.2 percent.
John Malone's Liberty Media has bought additional stock in Sirius XM Radio, bringing its stake in the satellite radio firm to 46.2 percent once a planned stock deal closes.
Earlier this week, Liberty had announced it had agreed to buy shares in the third quarter for $650 million, which would raise its stake to 45.2 percent.
The FCC recently declined to agree with Liberty that it has de facto control of Sirius, led by CEO Mel Karmazin.
Liberty CEO Greg Maffei said on his company's earnings conference call this week that the company would submit an updated filing with the FCC to allow it to reconsider its application. He said the stock deal and other moves should affect how the FCC views the application.
Liberty bought the additional 60 million shares for nearly $130 million, according to a regulatory disclosure.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Ian Somerhalder Sings Smokey Robinson Classic in 'Esquire China' Behind the Scene Video - Watch Now!
- 'Glee'Actor Harry Shum Jr. is Engaged to Girlfriend Shelby Rabara!
- Nicole Richie Proudly Rocks New Purple Hair at Lunch with Joel Madden!
- Zooey Deschanel's 'New Girl' & Mindy Kaling's 'Mindy Project' Get Early Renewals From Fox!