John Mayer cancels tour dates due to illness
Singer will miss several European dates
NEW YORK -- John Mayer has canceled the remainder of his European tour and is returning home to recover from an intestinal illness, according to a statement on the musician's website.
Mayer is missing gigs in Amsterdam, Madrid and Manchester. He also missed the May 31 show in Copenhagen.
According to Billboard sources, Mayer contracted an intestinal illness after the first night of two planned Copenhagen concerts, with dizziness, nausea and dehydration making him unable to perform. Mayer is returning home to recover under a doctor's supervision.
Mayer's summer tour of North America, which begins July 17 in Raleigh, N.C., and runs through the middle of September, will not be affected.
Mayer continues to tour behind his most recent release, "Battle Studies," which entered the Billboard 200 at No. 1 upon its release in November 2009.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Neil Patrick Harris Skypes in Shirtless for 'How I Met Your Mother' PaleyFest Panel!
- Three Grandmas Read Beyonce's 'Drunk in Love' Lyrics & Their Reactions Are Hilarious - Watch Now!
- Lena Dunham & Allison Williams Are 'Girls' Jetting Out of LAX!
- Chris Evans & Scarlett Johansson Take Flight to Start 'Captain America' Press Tour!