John Mayer quits Twitter
Posts a pic of self claiming he's going into "retirement"
Jessica Simpson and Jennifer Aniston are probably relieved.
John Mayer has quit Twitter. His page, @JohnCMayer, disappeared Monday. (As Gawker points out, it was just three days after he Twittered a photo of himself with a laptop on his chest captioned, "Self Portrait of The Artist Three Days Before His Metaphoric Retirement." His last Tweets range from thoughts on the anniversary of 9/11 to looking for a bail bondsman.)
This isn't the first time Mayer has said he wants to lead a more private life.
In February, Mayer declared he was "[quitting] the media game" after the fallout from a Playboy interview in which he used the n-word. "I'm out. I'm done. I just want to play my guitar," he said at a concert.
Mayer has famously overshared about every detail of his life -- from calling ex Simpson "sexual napalm in bed" to holding an impromptu press conference about his relationship with Aniston on the streets of New York.
And it looks like that won't be stopping any time soon. Even though Mayer is no longer on Twitter, he's still active on Tumblr, Facebook, and JohnMayer.com.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues
- James Franco Calls Times Theater Critic a ‘Little Bitch’ and Suggests He Work for Gawker
- See New Photos of Hannah and Adam Together on the Next Season of Girls
- Under the Skin, Only Lovers Left Alive, and a Brief History of the Art-Horror Film