John Mayer quits Twitter
Posts a pic of self claiming he's going into "retirement"
Jessica Simpson and Jennifer Aniston are probably relieved.
John Mayer has quit Twitter. His page, @JohnCMayer, disappeared Monday. (As Gawker points out, it was just three days after he Twittered a photo of himself with a laptop on his chest captioned, "Self Portrait of The Artist Three Days Before His Metaphoric Retirement." His last Tweets range from thoughts on the anniversary of 9/11 to looking for a bail bondsman.)
This isn't the first time Mayer has said he wants to lead a more private life.
In February, Mayer declared he was "[quitting] the media game" after the fallout from a Playboy interview in which he used the n-word. "I'm out. I'm done. I just want to play my guitar," he said at a concert.
Mayer has famously overshared about every detail of his life -- from calling ex Simpson "sexual napalm in bed" to holding an impromptu press conference about his relationship with Aniston on the streets of New York.
And it looks like that won't be stopping any time soon. Even though Mayer is no longer on Twitter, he's still active on Tumblr, Facebook, and JohnMayer.com.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR