John McKay's 'Not Another Happy Ending' to Close Edinburgh Fest
The Scottish-set romantic comedy co-stars Stanley Weber and Karen Gillan.
LONDON -- John McKay's Not Another Happy Ending, co-starring Karen Gillan and Stanley Weber, will close this year's Edinburgh International Film Festival on June 30, organizers said.
The film also stars Amy Manson, Iain de Caestecker, Kate Dickie, Freya Mavor, Gary Lewis and Henry Ian Cusick.
EIFF artistic director Chris Fujiwara said: “Speaking as somebody who, before coming to Scotland, knew Scotland partly through its portrayal in films, I'm really excited to find in Not Another Happy Ending a fresh, interesting, and almost idyllic take on the cultural vibrancy of Scottish city life."
Directed by McKay (Crush), the rom-com is produced by Claire Mundell (Weekend) of Synchronicity Films, co-produced by Wendy Griffin (Wasted) and written by David Solomons (The Great Ghost Rescue).
It details the story of a struggling publisher who, when discovering his star author is blocked because she is too happy, sets out to put her back in black and falls in love in the process.
The EIFF kicks off June 19 in the Scottish capital which also this year sees the return of the audience award for films from its lineup.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws