John McKay's 'Not Another Happy Ending' to Close Edinburgh Fest
The Scottish-set romantic comedy co-stars Stanley Weber and Karen Gillan.
LONDON -- John McKay's Not Another Happy Ending, co-starring Karen Gillan and Stanley Weber, will close this year's Edinburgh International Film Festival on June 30, organizers said.
The film also stars Amy Manson, Iain de Caestecker, Kate Dickie, Freya Mavor, Gary Lewis and Henry Ian Cusick.
EIFF artistic director Chris Fujiwara said: “Speaking as somebody who, before coming to Scotland, knew Scotland partly through its portrayal in films, I'm really excited to find in Not Another Happy Ending a fresh, interesting, and almost idyllic take on the cultural vibrancy of Scottish city life."
Directed by McKay (Crush), the rom-com is produced by Claire Mundell (Weekend) of Synchronicity Films, co-produced by Wendy Griffin (Wasted) and written by David Solomons (The Great Ghost Rescue).
It details the story of a struggling publisher who, when discovering his star author is blocked because she is too happy, sets out to put her back in black and falls in love in the process.
The EIFF kicks off June 19 in the Scottish capital which also this year sees the return of the audience award for films from its lineup.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues