John McKay's 'Not Another Happy Ending' to Close Edinburgh Fest
The Scottish-set romantic comedy co-stars Stanley Weber and Karen Gillan.
LONDON -- John McKay's Not Another Happy Ending, co-starring Karen Gillan and Stanley Weber, will close this year's Edinburgh International Film Festival on June 30, organizers said.
The film also stars Amy Manson, Iain de Caestecker, Kate Dickie, Freya Mavor, Gary Lewis and Henry Ian Cusick.
EIFF artistic director Chris Fujiwara said: “Speaking as somebody who, before coming to Scotland, knew Scotland partly through its portrayal in films, I'm really excited to find in Not Another Happy Ending a fresh, interesting, and almost idyllic take on the cultural vibrancy of Scottish city life."
Directed by McKay (Crush), the rom-com is produced by Claire Mundell (Weekend) of Synchronicity Films, co-produced by Wendy Griffin (Wasted) and written by David Solomons (The Great Ghost Rescue).
It details the story of a struggling publisher who, when discovering his star author is blocked because she is too happy, sets out to put her back in black and falls in love in the process.
The EIFF kicks off June 19 in the Scottish capital which also this year sees the return of the audience award for films from its lineup.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David