John Mellencamp Splits From Wife of 18 Years
The Grammy-winning singer has two sons with his supermodel wife, Elaine.
John Mellencamp has split from model Elaine Irwin Mellencamp, his wife of 18 years, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The couple, who met when she was hired to appear on the cover of his 1991 album Whenever We Wanted, have been married since September 1992 and have two teenage sons together.
"John and Elaine Mellencamp are proud of their 20 years together and are very happy with their accomplishments both as parents and as a family," the couple's rep said in a statement provided to THR. "They will continue to raise their two children in Indiana but have decided to call it a day as a couple."
Mellencamp also has three other children from two previous marriages.
The Grammy-winning singer is a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Songwriters Hall of Fame. He is set to kick off a U.S. tour in February in support of his new album, No Better Than This.
Irwin Mellencamp, who has modeled for Victoria's Secret and Calvin Klein, is a spokeswoman for Almay Cosmetics.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Week’s Best Game of Thrones Reader Comments: ‘The Lion and the Rose’
- Douglas Coupland on Being a Visual Artist, the ‘Torture’ of Interviews, and Unintended Side Effects
- Alan Thicke on His New Reality Sitcom and Being ‘Considerably More Boring Than Jason Seaver’
- 6 Forgotten Teen Films of the Late ’90s and Early ’00s