John Shea Joins NBCUniversal’s Integrated Media Business as Executive VP and CMO
The company also struck a first-look development deal with the MTV Networks veteran and producer.
NEW YORK - MTV Networks veteran John Shea has joined NBCUniversal’s Entertainment & Digital Networks and Integrated Media division as executive vp and CMO of integrated media, the company said Wednesday. The content creator and marketing executive will report directly to Lauren Zalaznick, who is chairman of the unit.
Shea, who also is known for developing and producing shows, has also entered a first-look development deal with NBCUniversal, giving the company and its units access to his programming ideas, the company said.
“John is a highly creative content producer and strategic marketer, who is one of the top experts in this field,” said Zalaznick. “His leadership will help build on NBCUniversal’s strong position in the integrated media business.”
Shea will be charged with "driving incremental revenue across the company by creating innovative content and marketing solutions for advertising partners across the company’s vast spectrum of TV and digital properties," the company said.
He will have strategic oversight for several company-wide content, research and marketing initiatives, including Women at NBCU, Hispanics at NBCU, Green Is Universal and Healthy at NBCU. He will also collaborate on all cross-company integrated media marketing efforts.
“NBCUniversal - with its unmatched portfolio of properties, access to talent, and deep consumer insights - is extremely well positioned to develop innovative content that engages the consumer and travels across all screens," said Shea.
His group will also closely work with the sales and marketing leads at NBCUniversal's digital properties, such as Fandango, iVillage and DailyCandy.
During the first quarter of 2011, Shea served as the integrated media group's “CMO in Residence."
Shea spent much of his career at MTV Networks. He created Fresh Takes, starring Alicia Keyes, as the first-ever short form linear/digital mini-series on MTV and executive produced MTV series Gamekillers in partnership with Unilever.
Shea previously also led the DreamWorks/Universal location-based entertainment co-venture Gameworks, where he was responsible for consumer advertising and trade brand building.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother