John Turturro and Eddie Izzard Join 'Cars 2' Voice Cast
They are bringing to life an Italian race car and a character dedicated to finding a renewable energy source.
NEW YORK - Walt Disney unveiled here Monday that two of the new characters in Cars 2 are voiced by John Turturro and Eddie Izzard.
The news was announced during an event tied to Toy Fair, which opened here this weekend.
Turturro is behind Italian race car and Lightning McQueen rival Francesco Bernoulli, Cars 2 director and Pixar and Walt Disney Amination Studios creative chief John Lasseter said in a video message at the event.
He said Turturro was the studio's immediate pick as voice actor for this new character and predicted audiences would love the character for his race car looks - a red, white and green Formula 1 car - and flamboyance.
Meanwhile, the British comedian voiced Miles Axlerod, a former oil baron who sold off his fortune, converted himself into an electric vehicle and dedicated himself to finding the renewable, clean-burning energy source of the future.
Cars 2 opens on June 24.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game