Johnnie To on Venice competition jury
Joins John Landis in jury headed by Wim Wenders
ROME -- John Landis and Hong Kong-based director-producer Johnnie To will join the seven-person main competition jury at this year's Venice Film Festival, artistic director Marco Mueller said Wednesday.
The other members of the jury -- which will be headed by Wim Wenders -- are veteran Russian screenwriter Juriy Arabov, Italian actress Valeria Golino, up-and-coming Argentine director Lucrecia Martel and Scottish visual artist Douglas Gordon.
The jury will hand out Venice's main prizes including best film, director, actor and actress, new actor or actress, technical contribution and screenplay.
In each of the past two years, Venice's main competition has been comprised entirely of world premieres.
The festival also announced the jury members for two main sidebars: Horizons, which will led by Belgian filmmaker-artist Chantal Akerman, and the Corto Cortissimo short film competition jury, which will be led by No Wave Cinema movement figure Amos Poe.
The 65th edition of the Venice festival is set for Aug. 27-Sept. 6. The fest's full lineup will be announced July 29.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Sunny Day Real Estate Releases 'Lipton Witch,' First Song In 14 Years
- 'Batman Beyond' Animated Short Premieres At WonderCon In Honor of Franchise's 75th Anniversary
- Here Is A Photo Of Mariah Carey Dressed As A Bunny And Using Nick Cannon As Furniture
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress
- Lea Michele Gets Cozy with Co-Star on Her Music Video Set!
- Madonna Wants Us to Get Behind Her to Start a Love Evolution!
- Calvin Harris Previews Small Sample of Rita Ora's New Single - Listen Now!