Johnny Depp Rocks Out With Black Keys at MTV Movie Awards (Video)
The Generation Award honoree performed with the band for two songs Sunday night.
Johnny Depp received the Generation Award at Sunday's MTV Movie Awards ceremony in style -- by performing two songs with rockers The Black Keys in one of the more memorable moments of the evening.
Aerosmith's Steven Tyler and Joe Perry took to the stage halfway through the show and introduced a clip package showcasing Depp's film career, including moments from Edward Scissorhands and Alice in Wonderland.
Instead of the usual acceptance speech, Depp strapped on his guitar and rocked out with Dan Auerbach and Patrick Carney.
"It's like the 'get out of the business award, you've done too much.' Based on the clips, there's obviously something wrong with me. I just thank you very much," Depp said after performing "Gold on the Ceiling" with the band and after he joked that Tyler "spit out one of my teeth."
"It's an honor to be presented by these two legends Steven and Joe -- and these up and coming legends, The Black Keys," the Pirates of the Caribbean star added.
After the brief speech, Depp and the Black Keys performed a second song, "Lonely Boy," that led straight into commercial break.
Watch Depp and the Black Keys' two performances below, along with Depp's speech:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR