Johnny Depp's 'The Rum Diary' to Open Bahamas Film Festival
The festival runs December 1-4 at the Atlantis resort on Paradise Island.
The Rum Diary, GK Films’ adaptation of the Hunter S. Thompson book starring Johnny Depp, will open the 8th Annual Bahamas Film Festival. Breakaway, the Bollywood-meets-hockey sports dramedy featuring Rob Lowe, will close out the Nassau-set fest.
The festival, run by founder Leslie Vanderpool, runs December 1 to 4 and is headquartered at the Atlantis Resort on Bahamas’ Paradise Island. Both the opening and closing night red carpet screenings will take place at the Atlantis.
The festival will screen 68 films from 33 countries in four competition categories: Spirit of Freedom (Narrative), Spirit of Freedom (Documentary), New Visions, First Look and Short Film. There will also be Caribbean and environmental sidebars and a world cinema showcase.
David Cronenberg’s A Dangerous Method is also getting a special screening while X-Men: First Class actress Zoe Isabella Kravitz is being honored with BIFF’s Rising Star tribute
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR