Johnny Depp to Star in Wes Anderson's Next Film
The project comes from Indian Paintbrush, which will produce and finance.
Johnny Depp will team with the iconic Wes Anderson for his next project.
The Hollywood Reporter confirms that the Lone Ranger actor will star in Anderson’s next movie, which the filmmaker wrote and will direct and is being produced and financed by Indian Paintbrush. No details regarding the film’s plot or Depp’s character have been revealed, but the project is said to be titled The Grand Budapest Hotel and will mark Texas-born Anderson’s first time shooting in Europe.
Fans at Comic-Con were wowed last weekend during the Disney Panel, where footage of Depp in The Lone Ranger was screened for a packed Hall H. As for Anderson, his Moonrise Kingdom premiered to rave reviews at Cannes in May and has grossed an impressive $44.7 million at the worldwide box office since its June release.
While Depp is the first to sign on for Budapest, Anderson is said to be courting Bill Murray, Owen Wilson, Edward Norton, Jude Law, Jeff Goldblum, Adrien Brody, Willem Dafoe and Angela Lansbury for the film. The writer-director's credits also include Fantastic Mr. Fox, The Royal Tenenbaums and Rushmore.
Depp's recent films include Dark Shadows, The Rum Diary and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10