Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' to Hit Theaters in April 2014
The directorial debut of longtime Christopher Nolan cinematographer Wally Pfister begins shooting next month in Los Angeles.
Johnny Depp's next film Transcendence will be released on April 25, 2014, Warner Bros. announced Friday.
The film marks the directorial debut of cinematographer Wally Pfister. Alcon Entertainment, which has an output deal with Warners, is financing and producing Transcendence.
Plot details have been closely guarded, but sources describe the film as in the vein of 2001: A Space Odyssey and Inception. Depp stars as a man who creates a computer that develops a malevolent awareness.
Principal photography is set to begin in April in Los Angeles.
Christopher Nolan, Emma Thomas and Aaron Ryder are serving as executive producers. Pfister is Nolan's longtime DP.
Paul Bettany, who teamed with Depp in The Tourist, is in negotiations to join the project.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack