Johnny Hallyday released from hospital
Recuperated for two weeks after surgery complications
PARIS -- France's top rocker and entertainment icon Johnny Hallyday has left a Los Angeles hospital after riveting France for some two weeks of hospitalization for back surgery.
Hallyday's press agency says the 66-year-old star left Cedars-Sinai Medical Center on Wednesday, in time to join his wife and two daughters for Christmas at their Los Angeles home. The 96b agency says he must continue "indispensable medical treatment."
Hallyday was hospitalized after lingering pain from Nov. 26 surgery in Paris for a herniated disk. An infection was discovered.
Hallyday was forced to cancel the final leg of a tour billed as his farewell. France feared for Hallyday, and even President Nicolas Sarkozy discussed Hallyday's health during an EU summit news conference.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR