Jon Bon Jovi Opens Up About Daughter's Arrest (Video)
"This tragedy was something that I had to face too so we'll get through it," the musician said of his 19-year-old daughter's apparent overdose last week.
Jon Bon Jovi is opening up about his daughter's arrest last week.
Bon Jovi's 19-year-old daughter, Stephanie Bongiovi, was arrested Nov. 14 after she was found unresponsive following an apparent heroin overdose in her dorm room at Hamilton College in Clinton, N.Y. The charges were later dropped by police.
"What I do for a living seems glitzy and glamorous but if you don't take it too seriously it's a great way to make a living," said Bon Jovi in an interview with Fox 11 while promoting Stand Up Guys. "And then life goes on. Things happen."
He added: "This tragedy was something that I had to face too so we'll get through it. And people's warm wishes for my family and I have been really reassuring. So, we're good, we're good."
Bon Jovi is scheduled to perform at a concert to benefit Hamilton's scholarships and arts programs in Times Square on Dec. 5. He also has three sons.
Watch the interview below:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR