Jon Hamm, Daniel Radcliffe Going to War for New British Mini-Series
The four part Sky Arts dramedy, based on the work of the World War I short story memoir "A Young Doctor's Notebook," will arrive in 2013.
American Jon Hamm and Brit Daniel Radcliffe are set to play the same character in an English production of a Russian memoir. Somebody is going to have to learn a new accent.
Making official rumors that cropped up earlier this month, Sky Arts has announced that the pair will play the same Russian war medic at different stages of life. The series, which will be based on Russian satirist Mikhal Bulgakov's short story memoir A Young Doctor's Notebook, will have the Harry Potter star take on Bulgakov's medic during his days on the battlefield in World War I, while Hamm, serving at times as narrator, will confront his younger self in a series of "bleakly comic" exchanges.
"I have been an obsessive Bulgakov reader for a couple of years now so when the opportunity to become involved in this project came up, I could barely contain my excitement," Radcliffe said in a statement first reported by The Guardian. "The book is funny, grotesque and heartfelt in equal measure and I look forward to working with a great group of people to help bring it to life."
For the young wizard alum, this will mark a further departure from his time at Hogwarts; having starred in the horror film The Woman in Black, he will next feature as Allen Ginsberg in the beat generation flick Kill Your Darlings.
Hamm was just announced as the star of Disney's new drama, Million Dollar Arm, in which he plays a baseball scout who brings to America two cricket players from India and teaches them the National Past Time.
Email: Jordan.Zakarin@THR.com; Twitter: @JordanZakarin
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'