Jon Hamm: I Was 'Too Old' to Play Superman
5:05 PM PST 1/30/2011 by THR staff
The 39-year-old actor likely isn't surprised the role has gone to Henry Cavill.
Jon Hamm says he never thought he'd step into the role of Superman."I'm too old for most things … Superman is just one in a very long list," the actor, 39, said on E!'s SAG red carpet special. On Sunday morning, Henry Cavill, the British actor best known for this work on Showtime's period drama The Tudors, was cast as the iconic superhero. "In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time, and I am honored to be a part of his return to the big screen," director by Zack Snyder said in a statement. "I also join Warner Bros., Legendary and the producers in saying how excited we are about the casting of Henry. He is the perfect choice to don the cape and 'S' shield."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game