Jon Hamm gets 'Sucker' punched
Joins Emily Browning, Jena Malone in action fantasy
"Mad Men" star Jon Hamm has joined the cast of "Sucker Punch," an action fantasy Zack Snyder is directing for Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures.
Hamm joins Emily Browning, Vanessa Hudgens, Jamie Chung, Jena Malone, Abbie Cornish and Carla Gugino in the 1950s-set tale of a girl (Browning) confined to a mental institution by her stepfather, who intends to have her lobotomized in five days. She and her friends enter an alternate reality where they begin planning an escape.
Although details for Hamm's character are being kept under lock and key, the name is known: High Roller.
Snyder, who wrote the script, is producing with his Cruel & Unusual Films partner, wife Deborah Snyder.
Hamm, repped by ICM and Forward Entertainment, is shooting Season 3 of "Mad Men," whose Sunday premiere attracted 2.8 million viewers, a series high. In September, he will segue to Boston to shoot "The Town," Warners' crime thriller being directed by Ben Affleck, before hopping a flight to Vancouver for "Sucker Punch."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR