Jon Voight joins Fox's drama pilot 'Midland'
In his first regular TV series role, Jon Voight has signed on as a lead in Fox's drama pilot "Midland."
David Keith also landed co-starring role on the pilot, directed by Marc Webb.
"Midland," from 20th TV, centers on Bob (Jimmy Wolk), a con artist juggling two lives in two Texas cities with two women (Adrianne Palicki, Eloise Mumford), one of whom (Palicki), is the daughter of a Texas legend (Voight), described as a gravely voiced titan equally at home in boots or a three-piece suit.
On TV, Oscar winner Voight most recently did an arc on the seventh season of "24," also a Fox/20th series, as villain Jonas Hodges. He is repped by CAA and manager Steven Paul.
Veteran Keith will play Bob's con-man father, who groomed his son to follow in his footsteps. He is repped by APA and Kritzer Levine Wilkins Entertainment.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills