Jon Voight joins Fox's drama pilot 'Midland'
In his first regular TV series role, Jon Voight has signed on as a lead in Fox's drama pilot "Midland."
David Keith also landed co-starring role on the pilot, directed by Marc Webb.
"Midland," from 20th TV, centers on Bob (Jimmy Wolk), a con artist juggling two lives in two Texas cities with two women (Adrianne Palicki, Eloise Mumford), one of whom (Palicki), is the daughter of a Texas legend (Voight), described as a gravely voiced titan equally at home in boots or a three-piece suit.
On TV, Oscar winner Voight most recently did an arc on the seventh season of "24," also a Fox/20th series, as villain Jonas Hodges. He is repped by CAA and manager Steven Paul.
Veteran Keith will play Bob's con-man father, who groomed his son to follow in his footsteps. He is repped by APA and Kritzer Levine Wilkins Entertainment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game