Jonah Hill, CNN's Don Lemon Get Nasty in Late-Night Feud
The news anchor said Hill snubbed him at a hotel, and later blasted the "21 Jump Street" star on television for treating him "like the help."
One of the nice things about Twitter is that it makes it easier for people to engage in escalating vitriolic arguments, and do so in a very public forum.
The latest celebrity combatants are CNN anchor Don Lemon and Oscar nominated actor Jonah Hill, who traded barbs after a slight -- real or perceived -- at a hotel on Thursday night.
Lemon first tweeted, "Said hi to @jonahhill in hotel. Think he thought i was bellman. Didn't know his name til bellman told me. A lesson to always be kind." He then told a fan that Hill was "a tool."
Hill responded -- in a tweet that has since been deleted -- "@DonLemonCNN I said hi what do you want me to do move in with you? I was in a hurry. Didn't realize you were a 12 year old girl. Peace."
It didn't end there, of course. Lemon struck back, saying, "@JonahHill Hardly. You're not my type. But I know rude. And u were."
Note: Lemon is openly gay, which Hill may or may not have known. Either way, Hill responded, @DonLemonCNN i walked out of the restroom and found you waiting for me. Shook hands, said hi and was on my way. Sorry if you found that rude."
Lemon finished up the conversation last night, replying, "@JonahHill Was waiting for luggage. Bellman & I laughed at how self-important u were. Just being honest. Be nice. Stardom is fleeting."
One bright side for Lemon: He's gained more than 1,000 followers in the last two days.
He also appeared on CNN's Starting Point on Friday morning to address the situation. (Clearly, the election is over.)
"Jonah Hill doesn't owe me anything, and he may have been having a bad day," he explained, "but Jonah Hill treated me like the help when I basically wanted to say 'I like you, I think you're funny.' "
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Nirvana, Kiss And The E Street Band Among Newest Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Inductees
- Dean McDermott Admits To Cheating On Tori Spelling On 'True Tori'
- All The Celebrity Cameos You Missed Watching 'Sex And The City' The First Time Around
- From 'Nymphomaniac' To 'Only Lovers Left Alive,' This Year's Spring Movies Offer Surprises