Jonas Brothers Deactivate Group Twitter Account as 'Rift' Reportedly Deepens
The individual accounts for Kevin, Joe and Nick Jonas remain active, while the band has scrapped plans for a tour and album.
Hope for a Jonas Brothers reunion is getting dimmer by the day.
Just one week after the trio scrapped plans for a nationwide tour, with the band's rep citing a "deep, creative rift," the official Jonas Brothers Twitter account has disappeared.
Sources previously told The Hollywood Reporter that disagreements between Kevin, 25, Joe, 24, and Nick, 21, became painfully apparent when the brothers sat down in Los Angeles to discuss plans of their long-anticipated fifth album. "Once they realized they couldn't agree on music, it became a question of, 'Why would we want to go out on tour right now?' Their thought process was to get everything straight in terms of the creative. It was not a small thing [to call off the tour]," said the source.
On Wednesday, a People report proclaimed that the rift had become "uglier than you think," with unnamed sources telling the mag that all three members had begun looking into solo projects. However, the brothers are said to remain on speaking terms.
The multiplatinum group was once a teen tour de force with its own TV shows, movies, a concert documentary and multiple tours, but has fallen off the radar in recent years. At the same time, eldest brother Kevin has been enjoying a second career in reality television as the star of E!'s Married to Jonas along with his wife, Dani, who is currently pregnant. A source tells THR that the decision to cancel their tour has nothing to do with Dani's pregnancy.