Jonathan Miller Joins Shari Redstone's Advancit
News Corp.'s former digital chief has found a new home at the early-stage investment firm.
A former top lieutenant of the Murdoch clan is joining the Redstone one.
Jonathan Miller, the former chief digital officer at News Corp., has become a partner at Advancit, an early stage investment firm that was co-founded by Shari Redstone, president of National Amusements and vice-chairwoman of CBS Corp. and Viacom. Redstone, daughter of media magnate Sumner Redstone, launched Advancit in 2011 with Jason Ostheimer, a former vp at Blackstone Group.
Advancit has made more than 25 investments in the media and entertainment space, ranging from Maker Studios to celebrity fitness app FitStar.
Miller worked from 2009 until August 2012 at News Corp., where he was credited with revamping the company's digital strategy. He oversaw News Corp.'s investments in Roku and Bona Film Group, representing News Corp. on Hulu's board of directors and working to create channels for News Corp. on YouTube.
This isn't Miller's first foray running an investment fund; before joining News Corp., he ran Fuse Capital with current Guggenheim Digital Media CEO Ross Levinsohn. Miller also served as CEO of AOL from 2002-06, when it was owned by Time Warner. He sits on the boards of Trip Adviser, Shutterstock, Open X and Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
"Jon's extensive involvement in our key investment areas, coupled with his knowledge as executive and investor, makes him the perfect addition," said Shari Redstone. "We are excited about continuing to expand our platform, and Jon's insight and hands-on industry experience will be invaluable."
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Apple Should Have Read The Lyrics Before Putting This Song In An Ad
- 'Noah' Director Darren Aronofsky And Others Talk Faith And Environmentalism (LIVE VIDEO)
- 'The Quiet Ones' Review: Retro Horror Film Is Weighed Down By A Silly Script
- Wrigley Field's Celebrity Singers Ranked From Most Cringe-Worthy To Least