Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Make Directorial Debut With Sexy Comedy
Scarlett Johansson will co-star with the actor, who also wrote the screenplay.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is turning into a triple threat, venturing into big-screen writing and directing.
Gordon-Levitt will make his feature directorial debut with an untitled comedy based on a script he also wrote. He will star in the movie, with Scarlett Johansson playing one of the two major female roles.
Plotlines are not being revealed other than it centers on “a modern day Don Juan and his journey to become less of a selfish dick,” according to Gordon-Levitt’s publicist.
Financing is coming from Voltage Pictures, which is selling international rights in Berlin. Ram Bergman will produce for Ram Bergman Productions in association with hitRECord Films.
Production is set to start in Los Angeles on April 16.
Gordon-Levitt, who grew up before America’s eyes on the sitcom 3rd Rock from the Sun, has turned into a leading man after showing his mature chops on movies such as Brick and (500) Days of Summer.
After starring in the acclaimed 50/50, he’s got four major movies this year. He’s part of Christopher Nolan’s ensemble cast of Dark Knight Rises, stars in the thriller Premium Rush, reteams with Brick director Rian Johnson for Looper and plays Abraham Lincoln’s brother in Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR