Joseph Gordon-Levitt Joins Cancer Film
Actor replaces James McAvoy in Seth Rogen comedy
Summit said McAvoy left the project, which begins filming Monday in Vancouver, "due to unrelated circumstances beyond his control." Neither the film company nor the actor's reps offered any further explanation.
Gordon-Levitt will appear opposite Seth Rogen in the autobiographical tale, written by Will Reiser, of a man dealing with cancer. The film also stars Anna Kendrick, Bryce Dallas Howard, Anjelica Huston and Philip Baker Hall.
Producing are Rogen, Evan Goldberg and Ben Karlin; Reiser is exec producing alongside Mandate president Nathan Kahane.
"It's incredibly unfortunate that circumstances outside of everyone's control have taken James away from the project, but, with James' blessing, we were able to have Joseph step in to take on the role of Adam," Rogen said. "We all look forward to working with James in the future."
Gordon-Levitt, repped by CAA, recently starred in "(500) Days of Summer" and Sundance "Hesher." He next appears in "Inception."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)