Josh Gad Joins Zach Braff's 'Wish I Was Here'
The "1600 Penn" actor will play the lead character's brother.
Josh Gad is joining Zach Braff's Kickstarter-funded Wish I Was Here.
The actor and comedian, who was seen in the recently canceled NBC sitcom 1600 Penn, will play Braff's brother Jonah in the the film.
"So happy to be joining @zachbraff in his new film! Thanks to everyone who is helping to make it a reality on @kickstarter!" Gad wrote Tuesday night on Twitter.
Homeland's Mandy Patinkin, who will play Braff's father, and Big Bang Theory's Jim Parsons also have joined the Garden State filmmaker's next feature.
Inspired by the success of the Veronica Mars revival, Braff launched a Kickstarter campaign for the project April 24. Days later, he met his goal of $2 million in pledges to fund the film.
As of May 15, more than 38,000 people have contributed to Wish I Was Here. Braff has previously stated that he hopes the number of financiers tops 50,000.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'
- Elizabeth Banks Attends Screening for 'Walk of Shame', Wears Two Dresses!
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!