Josh Gad, Kevin James in Talks to Join Adam Sandler in 'Pixels'
The film, based on an Internet short about 1980s video game characters, will be directed by Chris Columbus.
Josh Gad and Kevin James are in early talks to join Adam Sandler in Sony's Pixels, which Chris Columbus is set to direct.
Pixels was one of the Internet shorts that garnered Hollywood buzz in 2010 (the same year that The Gift and Panic Attack! made the rounds) and depicted 1980s video game characters attacking New York City. Tim Herlihy and Tim Dowling worked on the script.
Patrick Jean, who made the short, is executive producing, while Happy Madison’s Sandler and Jack Giarraputo are producing with One More Production's Benjamin Darras, Johnny Alves and Mathias Boucard.
The talks with the actors are in the early stages: Both have offers and before negotiations can begin in earnest, schedules need to be worked out. Gad, for example, is set to star in The Comedians, an FX show with Billy Crystal.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR