Josh Gad, Kevin James in Talks to Join Adam Sandler in 'Pixels'
The film, based on an Internet short about 1980s video game characters, will be directed by Chris Columbus.
Josh Gad and Kevin James are in early talks to join Adam Sandler in Sony's Pixels, which Chris Columbus is set to direct.
Pixels was one of the Internet shorts that garnered Hollywood buzz in 2010 (the same year that The Gift and Panic Attack! made the rounds) and depicted 1980s video game characters attacking New York City. Tim Herlihy and Tim Dowling worked on the script.
Patrick Jean, who made the short, is executive producing, while Happy Madison’s Sandler and Jack Giarraputo are producing with One More Production's Benjamin Darras, Johnny Alves and Mathias Boucard.
The talks with the actors are in the early stages: Both have offers and before negotiations can begin in earnest, schedules need to be worked out. Gad, for example, is set to star in The Comedians, an FX show with Billy Crystal.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Cultural Appropriation FAQs, Featuring Vanessa Hudgens And The Return Of The Celebrity Bindi
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday' Music Video Ruins All Birthday Parties
- Betty White Tells Larry King She Doesn't Understand Homophobes
- Annecy attendees will be the first to feast their eyes on "Feast," Walt Disney Animation Studios' newest short