Josh Radnor Flirts With Elizabeth Olsen in 'Liberal Arts' Trailer (Video)
The "How I Met Your Mother" star also wrote and directed the love story about a stunted thirtysomething who falls for a much-younger co-ed.
The trailer for Liberal Arts, co-starring Josh Radnor and Elizabeth Olsen, has hit the web -- sans an appearance from Zac Efron, who makes a cameo in the film.
Liberal Arts, which Radnor (also known as hopeless romantic Ted Mosby from the CBS sitcom How I Met Your Mother) also wrote and directed, tells the story of a listless 35-year-old who returns to his alma mater to speak at his professor’s retirement dinner and falls for a 19-year-old sophomore (Olsen) at the school.
Richard Jenkins, Allison Janney, John Magaro and Elizabeth Reaser also star.
IFC acquired the film following its crowd-pleasing premiere at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival; two years prior, Radnor's directorial debut, Happythankyoumoreplease, won the narrative feature audience award in Park City, Utah.
"He's just really passionate," Olsen said of Radnor in a recent interview with THR. "He's been developing this project for a while, and ... he knows what he wants and he's just such a good guy."
That said, she added, "I do have to say that Zac Efron and Allison Janney steal the film, I think, in my personal opinion."
Liberal Arts hits theaters on Sept. 14.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR