Josie Ho Joins the Cast of 'The Courier'
TOKYO -- Actress Josie Ho has joined Arclight Films' action thriller "The Courier," which began shooting in Louisiana last week with stars Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Mickey Rourke.
Written by Michael Brandt and Derek Haas ("3:10 To Yuma," "Wanted"), "The Courier" is being directed by Hany Abu-Assad, director of the Oscar-nominated and Golden Globe-winning "Paradise Now."
Hong Konger Ho plays Anna, a woman with a mysterious past who meets the daredevil international delivery man of the film's title (Morgan) during what may be his last drop, to someone who may, or may not, exist.
Ho, who Steven Soderbergh recently tapped for a role in his star-studded Hollywood production "Contagion" -- inspired by the SARS epidemic of 2003 -- last played a woman driven to kill over soaring real estate prices in Pang Ho-Cheung's slasher film "Dream Home."
Last week, Ho won the best actress prize at the Sitges Film Festival in Catalonia, Spain, for her performance in "Dream Home."
"The Courier," which also stars Til Schweiger ("Inglorious Basterds"), will be executive produced by Morgan, among others. Producers include Mike Gabrawy, Cary Brokaw and Gary Hamilton, founder of Arclight, which will handle all sales. The eight-year-old company's previous films include "Lord of War," "The Bank Job" and "Wolf Creek."
Ho, the 36-year-old daughter of Macau casino tycoon Stanley Ho -- one of Asia's richest men -- previously worked in such well-known Asian films as Johhnie To's 2006 crime drama "Exiled," which takes place in Macau. Ho also starred in female award-winning director Yan Yan Mak's lesbian romance "Butterfly," chosen as the opening film of the Venice Film Festival critics' week in 2005.
Ho is represented by ICM and Echelon Talent Management of Vancouver, Canada, whose principal, Andrew Ooi, is a partner with Ho and her husband, Conroy Chan, in the Hong Kong-based production company 852 Films.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws