Joss Stone 'Absolutely Fine' After Alleged Murder, Kidnap Attempt
The singer says she's "getting on with with life as normal while the police continue with their inquiries.”
Joss Stone says she's doing OK after police uncovered a bizarre murder and kidnap plot against her Tuesday.
"I'd like to thank everyone for their concern but I'm absolutely fine and getting on with life as normal while the police continue with their inquiries," the singer said in a statement.
Two men were arrested near her Devon, England house with swords, rope and a body bag after neighbors called police to report suspicious activity. Police said they also had detailed maps and aerial photographs of the Stone's rural home.
She was not at home at the time.
"Police attended an address in [the village of] Cullompton yesterday morning [Tuesday] after alert residents notified officers about a suspicious-looking vehicle," officers said in a statement.
"Officers attended the area at around 10 am and subsequently arrested the occupants of a red Fiat Punto. Major crime detectives are continuing to investigate."
Reps for the star said she was "aware of the arrests" and that police were "keeping her updated with developments."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10