Host Joy Behar Set to Exit HLN at Year's End
Behar, who will continue on as co-host of "The View," will step away from her duties as host of the cable network's nightly talk show, according to an inside source.
Joy Behar will part ways with HLN at year's end, an insider confirms to The Hollywood Reporter.
The View co-host has been a key piece of HLN's increased profile in recent years. Thanks in part to her coverage of the Casey Anthony trial -- the host famously asked one of Anthony's attornies if "you'd let Casey babysit your kids" -- the Joy Behar Show was up 38 percent in total viewers for the third quarter, compared to the same period a year earlier, according to TV Newser.
What's more, with the exception of Nancy Grace's popular talker, Behar's 2-year-old program is the highest-rated show on the Turner-owned cable network, which has grown its viewership on the back of entertainment news and trial coverage. The network declined to comment on Behar's departure.
Since fall 2009, the opinionated comedian has been juggling her series on CNN's sister network with her role on ABC's The View.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR